Ages, Programs and Ratios
The Williams College Children’s Center serves the children of college and community families from the ages of six weeks through preschool aged children.
We offer year-round, full-time and part-time programs and are open from 8:00 AM to 5:15 PM.
We are licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care to serve 103 children
Ages of Children as of September 1:
- Infants: (6 wks – 15 months) Minimum Staff: Child Ratio 2:7
- Toddlers: (15 mo. – 2 years, 11 mo.) Minimum Staff: Child Ratio 2:9
- Younger Preschools: (2 years, 9 mo. – 4 years) Minimum Staff: Child Ratio 2:13
- Older Preschool: (4 years – School Age) Minimum Staff: Child Ratio 2:18
We have three infants classes, three toddler classes, and three preschool classes.
- Infants, toddlers and pre-school children may attend full or part-week for full day care
- Pre-school children may also attend half days, either from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM or from 12:30 PM to 5:15 PM
Tuition and Calendar
Educators and Administration
- The infant, toddler, and pre-school classrooms each have a lead teacher, and two teachers who work as a collaborative team designing curriculum and supporting the care and education of the children.
- We employ Williams student workers and have various student volunteers
Our teachers are dedicated to providing quality programs to children and their families. They have extensive knowledge of early education and care principles and solid backgrounds in developmentally appropriate practice. Their collaborative teams create project based curriculum that is responsive to children’s interests and strengths as well as preparing children for future learning. Our teachers enthusiastically participate in school-wide staff inquiry and development.
The administrative team consists of Director, Carrie Gagne, and Assistant Director, Aja Daugherty, and Administrative Coordinator, Carol Rydell.